The health service in Romerike prison
The health service in the prison consists of three services:
- The health department
- Psychiatric prison team
- The dental health service
The health department
In accordance with the Act on the health service in the municipalities § 1-3, the municipality is responsible for the health service for prisoners in the municipality. Prison inmates are entitled to the necessary health care in the municipality where they are staying.
The health department in Romerike prison is part of Ullensaker municipality's health service, the department provides the necessary health services and participates in the rehabilitation of inmates in Ullersmo and Kroksrud
The health department is staffed with health personnel from 07.30 - 22.30 Monday to Thursday and 7.30 - 15.00 on Friday.
The prison health service offers:
- General practitioner services
- Necessary medication
- Preventive health care
- Follow-up of inmates with chronic somatic diseases / disorders
- Follow-up of inmates with mental disorders
- Referral to specialist health services
The health department is not a XNUMX-hour institutional health service and inmates with a great need for follow-up must be transferred to a hospital or other suitable treatment or rehabilitation institution.
Seriously ill inmates must be admitted to a somatic hospital or psychiatric ward on an equal footing with the rest of the population.
Psychiatric prison team
The psychiatric specialist health service in the prison is taken care of by Akershus University Hospital and the department of specialist psychiatry through the prison team.
The team consists of:
- Psychiatrist - 60% position
- Psychologist specialist / team leader - 100% position
- Psychologist - 100% position
- Psychologist - 20% position
The inmates who need a psychological / psychiatric examination and treatment are referred to the Psychiatric Prison Team by the Health Department's doctor.
There are weekly collaboration meetings between the Department of Health and the Psychiatric Prison Team.
The dental health service
The prison health service is run after earmarked grants from the state, and the county municipality is responsible for staffing.
Ensure that all inmates receive supervision and dental treatment in accordance with the rights and county municipal standards for dental health work.
Maintain a functionally and socially acceptable set of teeth during the period of imprisonment.
The offer includes:
- Emergency treatment.
- Conservative / periodic treatment for those with a prison term of more than 3 months.
- Large molars are not root-filled, in case of pain only pulling is offered.
- Limited rehabilitation for those with a sentence of more than 6 months.
The inmate will automatically be summoned for examination and treatment according to these criteria:
- Prisoners with a sentence are called in after 2 months.
- Detainees are called in after 3 months.
- Emergency treatment is only provided for remand prisoners for the first 3 months.
- All prisoners in need of emergency help before this, report this themselves via a call note.
- The offer is voluntary.
Jessheim upper secondary school is responsible for teaching in prison.